Earth.Org presents EO Nature and Wildlife Photo Competition 2024 for highly passionate photographers and nature enthusiasts. Earth.Org firmly upholds that the art of photography and visual representation has the potential to drive inspiration, disseminate knowledge, and mobilize efforts in safeguarding our precious home, the planet. This international photography competition invites photographers of all levels, from amateur enthusiasts to seasoned professionals, to capture the breathtaking essence of nature and wildlife through their lens.
In the previous year, Earth.Org successfully hosted the “Climate Crisis Photography Competition 2023,” attracting participation from over 500 gifted photographers from more than 60 nations. Through this photo contest in 2024, photographers will get the opportunity to share their passion for the environment and raise awareness about pressing conservation issues, while also inspiring others to protect the natural world. It is, hence, a platform where visual storytelling meets environmental advocacy.
The EO Nature and Wildlife Photo Competition typically features various categories, such as wildlife portraits, landscapes, underwater photography, and more. The details of these are also mentioned below. Each category provides a canvas for photographers to convey their unique perspectives on wildlife and the natural world. Winning entries are often a combination of technical skill with a deep connection to the subject matter, resulting in images that touch the hearts and minds of viewers. Prizes may include recognition, publication in wildlife magazines, and sometimes even opportunities to collaborate with conservation organizations.
Moreover, the EO Nature and Wildlife photo competition celebrates the Earth’s incredible biodiversity and a call to action for conservation. It unites photographers from around the world in their shared love for nature and their dedication to protecting it for generations to come. If you are an aspiring photographer or want to showcase your perspective on the topic, then make sure you read till the end.
Photography Competition Categories:
Wildlife in Peril
- Bring attention to the impacts of climate change and human activities on biodiversity and wildlife.
- Includes examples such as animals enduring hardship, facing entrapment, or being pushed towards endangerment.
- Images that depict environmental demonstrations (whether led by youth or widespread).
- The practical implementation of climate solutions or initiatives to bring about positive change (such as renewable energy projects, sustainable practices, or beach clean-up efforts).
- The top six best photographs will be the winners from the abovementioned categories.
Deadline is April 26, 2024