Are you a passionate photographer looking for a photography contest to show your skills? The Smithsonian Annual Photo Contest 2023 is a highly regarded Photography competition. This international photo competition 2023 is organized by the Smithsonian Institution, one of the world’s leading cultural and educational institutions in the United States. This international contest attracts photographers from around the world, showcasing a diverse range of images that capture moments, stories, and the beauty of our world. The Smithsonian Photography Contest is typically open to photographers of all skill levels, backgrounds, and nationalities. Hence, encouraging a diverse range of participants. If you are a photographer, whether professional or amateur, you must submit your photos for the 21st Smithsonian Magazine Photo Contest.
Having said that, in the past two decades, participants have contributed over 470,000 photographs to the annual photo contest hosted by the Smithsonian. The Annual Photography Contest captures the essence of human creativity. Thus offering a window into diverse landscapes, compelling human stories, and various other themes. The Smithsonian Magazine Photo Contest includes various categories. Encouraging photographers to explore themes such as Travel, Sustainable Travel, People, Altered Images, Mobile Photography, and the Natural World. Winning entries and remarkable photographs from the Smithsonian Annual Photo Contest 2023 will receive cash prizes of up to $2,500. Similarly, the Annual Photo Contest by the Smithsonian serves as a platform for the exchange of creative ideas and visual storytelling. This online photography competition celebrates the art of photography and the power of visuals.
Moreover, the Smithsonian magazine competition invites international photographers to submit their best work. Along with the cash prize, selected photographs will feature in the Smithsonian Magazine, hence providing exposure to a wide readership. In addition, for the Smithsonian Photo Contest 2023, photographers can submit their entries during a specified entry period. Submissions will be judged on criteria such as quality, creativity, uniqueness, and alignment with the theme of the Smithsonian Annual Photo Contest 2023.
Categories of the Smithsonian Annual Photo Contest:
- Travel: Entries in this category focus on locals, people, or activities both within the United States and abroad.
- Natural World: This category includes animals, plants, and landscapes, as well as geological or climatological features.
- The American Experience: Photographs in this category capture events, objects, or activities that connect the American people to their history or cultural heritage.
- People: This category involves portraits and photographs of either individuals or groups, representing human experiences and expressions.
- Drone/Aerial: This category includes photographs captured using devices such as drones, planes, or helicopters.
- Artistic Images: This category uses photography as a creative and imaginative platform to express ideas or concepts.
Deadline is November 30, 2023