Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship Program 2024 in Germany is a unique opportunity for reporters worldwide. The Berlin Scholarship Program has announced the Reporters Without Borders Program, which can develop solutions to tackle the increasing threats related to cyber security. Reporters Without Borders Germany Fellowship 2024 provides an opportunity for journalists from war zones and crisis areas to take a break from their daily lives and spend time in Berlin. The Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises funds the Berlin Scholarship Program 2024. Therefore, if you are a journalist from a war zone or crisis area, you should apply for this fully funded Berlin Scholarship Program in Germany.
Reporters Without Borders Germany Fellowship is a six-month fully funded fellowship program for reporters. All reporters selected in this Reporters Without Borders program will have to complete a training program in digital security while living in Berlin. Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship Program 2024 aims to provide fellow participants with practical skills and knowledge to protect themselves against any digital threats, such as surveillance, hindrance or hacker attacks in their journalistic activities. During their Berlin exchange program, journalists will learn basic skills from experts that will help them grow professionally. They will also work with fellow reporters from different parts of the world.
Furthermore, in the second phase of the Reporters Without Borders fellowship program, the participants will prepare their own training concept with the support of the trainer team. Hence, through this Reporters Without Borders Traineeship program, the reporters can pass on their newly learned knowledge to their fellow reporters or colleagues in their home countries as trainers. This is how the journalists who will not be a part of this Berlin fellowship program can also benefit from the skills, knowledge, techniques and digital security skills taught in the Reporters Without Borders program. In the Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship Program 2024, there are a total of six scholarships for journalists from war zones and crisis areas for the duration of six months.
We all know that media has become an important part of our daily lives, and the use of communication technology is increasing daily. However, these technologies and techniques are often misused to threaten someone. So, considering this situation, this fully-funded scholarship in Germany caters to these increasing cyber threats. The paid international training program in Germany is only for journalists. The Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship Program is a fully funded scholarship in Germany so it will cover all the costs related to the traineeship program in Europe. Through the RSF Germany’s scholarship program, fellows will also get a monthly allowance of 1000€, visa-related costs, and free public transportation. Furthermore, they will also get a free training program in Germany with the top experts and mentors in the field of digital security.
Reporters Without Borders Fellowship 2024 Topics:
Topics of the fellowship training program for digital self-defence:
- Holistic security basics for journalists, bloggers, media professionals and citizen journalists at risk
- Operational security, including risk assessments and security planning
- Secure online communication concepts, technology and tools, including secure online conferencing for interviews
- Online identity management for investigative journalists, including technical background and practical use of anonymization tools
- Password and account security and data protection on social media and other online accounts for media work
- Website security for media websites under attack
- Device security for computers and mobile phones of journalists at risk
- Secure online and offline data storage, including encryption for media files.
- Digital violence (online gender-based violence, doxing, impersonation, trolling)
- Online information verification and Open Source Intelligence
RSF Germany fellowships 2024 Duration: 6 Months