Apply now for the Yunus & Youth Global Scholarship Program for Social Entrepreneurs. They are excited to join them to be part of a growing community of young social enterprise leaders who are leveraging their skills, experiences and the Yunus and Youth ecosystem to promote the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) agenda of the United Nations (UN).
The Yunus and Youth 2018 Scholarship Program supported 34 amazing young people from 20 different nationalities working on innovative solutions for the SDGs. In 2019, they will continue the momentum with talented people like you, becoming part of the incredible community.
The Y & Y Scholarship Program is a six-month online program that allows young social entrepreneurs to realize their full potential. They help to strengthen business models, create convincing strategies for social enterprises and expand professional networks.
What is the Yunus&Youth Global Fellowship Program composed of?
- Tutoring: a structured one-on-one relationship with an experienced professional that involves the transmission of knowledge, social capital and guidance that improve the professional growth of the partner.
- Online platform: a 6-month course in social business development. the
- the step-by-step curriculum guarantees that by the end, they will be ready to launch
- Potential investors.
- Support network: a system that facilitates the connection to like-minded people
- Professionals from all over the world
- Yunus & Youth exists to facilitate the challenge of social entrepreneurship. Y & Y was inspired by the work of Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus and his belief that businesses and entrepreneurs can participate in business models that generate a real and sustainable social impact. People around the world fight against social problems: some do not have access to safe drinking water, while others struggle with unemployment or insufficient health services (to name a few). This is where social businesses come into play. These new stage companies drive social change because their founders are close to the problems they are solving and the communities they help. Like GreenChar in Kenya, where Y & Y Fellow Yina sells affordable charcoal briquettes that reduce the risk of contracting respiratory diseases. O Bella Handmade Jewelry, founded by Y & Y Fellow Walaa, which offers employment opportunities to women in refugee camps in Palestine. What makes social enterprises unique is that they are for profit, but not for profit, but are driven by their vision of improving society.
- They know that social enterprises have the power to improve communities and change the world. But we also know that the successful combination of business skills, financial sustainability and social impact is difficult. That’s why Y & Y exists. Y & Y began when a group of people from all over the world gathered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to connect with leaders in social business. That’s where they saw an enormous potential: What would happen if the current generation of business leaders shared what they know with the next generation of social entrepreneurs? Something strange happens when ambitious young people declare that they need help to shape the future. The people help. Since that conference in Malaysia, the Y & Y network and team has grown, and continues to grow.