This year the World Bank is offering its flagship program called the World Bank Group Young Professionals Program 2024 (WBG YPP). It is a 2-year leadership program for young professionals wanting to kick-start their careers with the World Bank. People from all around the world can apply for this program, however, priority may be given to nationals of World Bank member countries and countries of operations.
The World Bank YPP in the USA is a two-year leadership development paid program at the start of a five-year employment contract. Fellow individuals will go through a two-year training program in the Washington DC office where they will take part in highly intensive training and learn the fundamentals of leadership as well as development. After successfully completing the training in the USA, fellows will be relocated to any one of the World Bank offices in their home country.
Having said that, all the World Bank Group programs have been created with the aim of drawing in a wide range of young professionals, who are extremely passionate about global progress, academic excellence, and professional achievement. The World Bank and International Finance Corporation (IFC) have merged their respective Young Professionals Programs and are now offering the WB YPP 2023-2024. This leadership program currently engages in recruiting on behalf of three prominent institutions, The World Bank Group, IFC and MIGA. Drawing upon the strong foundation of its predecessor programs, the main objective of the WBG YPP is to not only foster the growth of all aspiring young leaders but also to devise solutions to world problems.
Therefore, successful candidates need to embody the core values of the World Bank Group along with showcasing dedication and commitment to collaborating across all WBG institutions. If you believe you have the right skills, knowledge and mindset, then don’t forget to apply in order to become a part of the Young Professionals Program. Opportunities Circle has provided more details about the World Bank YPP 2024 below. Make sure to read got through the details before you start your application.
Key Program Features of the WBG YPP:
- Young professionals are full-time employees, making contributions in their respective fields.
- Extensive leadership development of all young professionals through the WBG YPP.
- Training on all WBG policies, operations and products that ensures young leaders know how to carefully formulate solutions to all development challenges.
- Worldwide rotations across the World Bank Group.
- Coaching and mentoring on both peer and departmental levels to ensure a seamless process.
- The World Bank Group Young Professionals Program offers regular networking events and alumni programs.
- Supported rotations and job placement opportunities to make sure all candidates are best placed across the business.
Deadline is July 31, 2023