Unleash your inner photographer and submit your entries for the RHS photography competition 2022. The aim of such competitions is to inspire young, middle-aged and old people, either professional or amateurs to go outside and capture the enriching and refreshing nature. The Royal Horticulture Society in the United Kingdom’s leading charity organization for gardening and horticulture. RHS aims to enrich people’s lives through plants and make the UK green and a more beautiful place to live.
There are 10 different categories of competition; they are designed to have a broader appeal to participants and cover different topics. The RHS photography competition is entirely free, and participants do not need to pay the entry fees. The online competition is a multi-category annual contest for garden lovers and photographers and other people who are into horticulture.
The submissions will be made by the social media team and RHS judges, and the winner will be selected by the followers. This competition will promote high-quality and beautiful photography; RHS wants to inspire other people and encourage them to share their passion for gardening and photography. Following are the contest categories:
- Gardens: people can submit photographs of gardens anywhere in the world. Participants can share their favorite outdoor space that’s special to them, whether village, small or big city garden.
- Welcoming Wildlife: photographs of birds and insects found in wild or gardens. Images must be close-up details or a broader view.
- Plants: Portray the essence and delight of plants, flowers and produce (avoid the macro photographs). Single or multiple specimens and habitat of beautiful plants.
- Macro: Close-up and detailed, intimate photographs of plants, flowers, stems and leaves, roots or any part of the plant.
- Creative: Photographs that are led by imagination, originality and creativity. Manipulation and graphic approaches are welcomed.
- Indoor Gardening: Photographs portraying the fun, beauty and interest of growing indoor plants. Indoor gardening, edibles and glasshouse.
- Social Media: in this category, any image can be submitted relevant to horticulture, gardening and Wildlife. Submissions must be made via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook accounts using the hashtags #RHSphotocamp.
- Portfolio: This category includes the submission of 6 images in a series based on a common style or theme. This category is open to all.
Here are more details about RHS Photography Competition 2022
Deadline is February 1, 2022