Apply for the OWSD Fellowships for Women Scientists in STEM. The major goal of this international fellowship is to empower young women in the fields of STEM. The fellowship aims to make future leaders and encourage their active participation in their communities and countries’ scientific and technological development.
- The goal of the fellowship initiative is to encourage and empower a new generation of outstanding women who will be capable of taking on new leadership roles in science and technology.
- The initiative seeks to promote access to educational and training opportunities in science and technology for young and brilliant women graduates and increase creativity and scientific productivity among women scientists.
- To train and support women scientists, who are critical to the long-term growth of their countries.
Categories of Fellowship:
There are two categories of fellowships offered:
- With a maximum term of 4 years, this full-time fellowship program is dedicated to women from underdeveloped countries in science and technology (STLCs). A potential fellow (Woman) must intend to pursue a Ph.D. in one or more fields of Information Technology and Engineering in a country in the Global South. Selected candidates will be hosted at a university or institution in a Global South nation.
- Sandwich fellowships are also available to applicants. Candidates currently enrolled as Ph.D. students in their home countries are eligible for this fellowship. They will be able to complete some of their studies at another host university in a country in the Global South.