The University of Western Cape calls for application for the University of Western Cape fellowship 2021. School of Public Health will recruit a full-time Postdoctoral Fellowship from the beginning of September 2021. Fellows will work on three years project for strengthening community engagement in public health research in South Africa. The University of Western Cape is a public research university in Cape Town; it ranks among the top 1000 international universities in the QS World University Rankings.
The university aims to continue the legacy of social justice, community engagement and employability. This fellowship will help in research for advancement in Public Health Sector in South Africa. The University of Western Cape fellowship will contribute towards research and teaching activities.
Fellowship will cover these areas:
- Evidence synthesis (including systematic qualitative review, narrative review, scoping review, rapid review)
- Qualitative primary research (including interviews, focus group discussions, participant observation and participatory action research)
- Implementation science or knowledge translation (including community engagement)
- Community engagement in research.
- Fellows will get the opportunity to teach and research in the above-mentioned areas.