The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Program is a joint effort between the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs and the American University in Cairo. The program equips academically qualified and deserving students with the professional qualifications and experience required to advance knowledge and contribute to achieving socially relevant outcomes through organized graduate study and research that furthers the professionalization of rising young leaders. It proposes local solutions to shared problems in the MENA region. The program is offered for students from the Middle East and North Africa to obtain a master degree from the American University in one of the following graduate programs:
- International and Comparative Education
- Migration and Refugee Studies
Applicants must commit to pursuing their graduate thesis research in one of the mentioned research projects:
M.A. in Economics
- Examine the trajectory and agency of young people living in a context of marginalization and exclusion in the slum neighbourhoods of Greater Cairo.
- Study the degree of the economic integration of refugees into the economies of the hosting countries.
- Evaluate the impact of the graduation approach in Egypt in 400 poor villages across two governorates in Sohag and Assiut.
M.A. International and Comparative Education
- Third space: A place for localizing scientific knowledge in the MENA region.
- Literacy in the Professions: MENA Region
- Practical strategies for education relevance and quality
- Creating effective strategies for equity and accessibility for adept success
- Spanning the gap in employment through Leadership in Education
M.A. Migration and Refugees Studies
- Gender and South-South Migration
- Poverty, Inequalities and Migration
- International Migration in the Euro-Mediterranean Region (aftermath Covid-19)
- Nano-engineered Forward Osmosis (F.O.) blend membranes with enhanced performance for use in desalination applications.
- Metal additive manufacturing of engineered porous, cellular structures for biomedical applications.
- Novel Bio-coated Nanoparticles for the Eco-friendly Removal of Antibiotics from Egyptian Agricultural Waters.
- A Novel Nano-enabled Sustainable Process for Removing Agrochemicals from Egyptian Agricultural Waters.
Here are more details about the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Program
Deadline is October 1, 2021