Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program in the USA 2023 is accepting applications from students all over the globe. Fellowship in the USA opens new opportunities for independent research or study associated with Smithsonian collections, facilities, and/or research interests of the institution and its staff. The SIFP is offered to pre-doctoral students, graduate students, and senior and postdoctoral researchers for conducting individual research. Fellows can utilize the institution’s resources with Smithsonian professional research members acting as hosts and advisors. The Smithsonian’s Office of Academic Appointments and Internships offers this international fellowship program under the charter of the institution.
Founded in 1846, the Smithsonian Institution is the world’s most extensive education and research complex, having 21 museums and the National Zoo. It is on its way to preserving its heritage, sharing its resources with the world, and discovering new knowledge. Therefore, if you are keen on research, you must not miss this research fellowship in the USA and apply.
Here are more Details about the Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program
List of Fields for Fully Funded Fellowships:
SFP offers fellowships for study and research in the following fields:
- Animal Behavior; Ecology; and Environmental Science; with an emphasis on the tropics
- Evolutionary and Systematic Biology.
- History of Art, specifically African and Asian arts, American contemporary, 20th-century American crafts and decorative arts.
- Earth Sciences and Paleobiology
- Astrophysics and Astronomy
- History of science and technology
- Anthropology, inclusive of linguistics, archeology, and physical anthropology
- Molecular Biology
- Material Research
- Social and cultural history of the US