Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria for the IUJ scholarships for international students:
Eligibility criteria for IUJ Scholarships (category A):
- S.Nakayama memorial scholarship offers a limited number of scholarships for fresh international students.
- Students must actively participate in community work.
- Must have a good understanding of Japanese society.
- Excellent academic history in finance.
- Students must have GSIR (IRP, IDP, JGDP (MA), PMPP, IPPP), or GSIM (MBA, JGDP (MBA), IMBA, DXP).
- Students may be capable of residing in hostels near the campus in case of an abundance of students at the campus dorm.
- If the student receives a monthly stipend other than JASSO, their Nakayama 100 stipend will be terminated.
Asian Development Bank Scholarship:
- Students applying for the ADB scholarship should be a national of any country member of the ADB.
- At least two years of full-time work experience in the public or private sector.
- The work experience must be from after graduation.
- Students must be under the age of 35 at the time of application.
- They should not be living, working or studying anywhere other than their home country at the time of application.
- Should not be enrolled in any masters or Ph.D. program.
- Students receiving ADB scholarships will not be eligible for internships or part-time work.
Eligibility criteria for AEON Scholarship (category B-2):
- Students must be nationals of any Asian country.
- Must be at the age of 35 or under as of April 1, 2022.
- Students must agree to attend the events organized by AEON.
- Students must have an excellent academic record.
- Recipients of any other scholarship cannot apply for AEON scholarship.
- Japanese language proficiency up to intermediate level or N3.
- Selected students will be responsible for paying 50,000 yen before the admission fee deadline.
- During the period of receiving the AEON scholarship, the student cannot go for an exchange program that exceeds the time of 4 months.
Criteria for Mitsui & Co. Scholarship (category B-3)
- Students of the following countries can apply:
- Bangladesh, Cambodia, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Laos, Malaysia, Morocco, Mozambique, South Africa, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore.
- Excellent academic record.
- Students must be available for an online interview with the faculty of IUJ.
- Recipients of any other scholarship are ineligible for this program.
- Students will be responsible to pay 50,000 yen out of 300,000 yen as an admission fee.
- The scholarship will be terminated if the student fails to maintain good grades.
JERA Asia scholarship (category B-4):
- Students should belong to any of the following countries:
- Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Students must be determined to understand the JERA business.
- Must be available to attend the online interview.
- Students with knowledge of the Japanese language will be preferred.
- Students who have been granted any other scholarship are ineligible.
Criteria for Konosuke Matsushita memorial foundation (B-6):
- Students of Asia, Africa and Latin America are eligible.
- Japanese Language proficiency of up to level N3 will be preferred.
- Students must not be earning a salary or reward from any company.
- Recipients of other scholarships are ineligible.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship (category B-6):
- Students must communicate in Japanese during the interviews even if their course is being taught in English.
- Must not be above the age of 38.
- Good academic record.
- Eager to contribute to society.
- Students applying for this scholarship must need paying school fees.
Ministry of education (category B-7)
- Students from countries that have a diplomatic relation with Japan are eligible.
- Students must not be above the age of 35.
- Those who have previously received the MEXT scholarship are ineligible.
- Must be available for an online interview with the faculty of IUJ.
- 5,000 yen from the admission fee will be returned to the students.
- Monthly stipend of 144,000 yen.
- Airfare to and from the student’s home country.
- The scholarship will be granted for a maximum of 2 years.
Eligibility criteria for category C
- These are the direct scholarships to other institutions with a recommendation by the IUJ (JICA, IMF, MEXT with Embassy Recommendation).