Every year, the Equals in Tech Awards honors organizations and individuals who work to ensure that girls and women have equal access to the internet, digital skills, and opportunities in the tech industry. The Global Partnership for gender equality (EQUALS) in the Digital era is a global group of corporate leaders, businesses, governments, non-profit organizations, NGOs, academic institutions, and community groups. They are dedicated to promoting gender balance in the technology sector by promoting equal access to career opportunities and, skill development, for women and men alike.
The EQUALS in Tech Awards 2022 are now accepting nominations. They’re interested in hearing about global initiatives, movements, projects, institutions, and organizations trying to close the gender digital divide. EQUALS is looking for nominations for significant and small efforts from all over the world in the following categories: skills, access, leadership in tech, leadership in SME, and research.
- Access: A project aimed at enhancing the digital technology access, connectivity, and security of women and girls.
- Women in tech leadership: An initiative to increase the number of women in decision-making positions in the ICT sphere.
- Leadership in SME: A tech sector program to bridge the digital gender divide.
- Skills: Programmes help women and girls build their science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) skills.
- Research: Projects that prioritize gender digital divide research and the production of verifiable evidence to address diversity challenges in STEM and computing professions.
Here are more details about the Equals in Tech Awards 2022
Deadline is May 6, 2022