EDF Pulse Africa Awards 2018 for African Start-ups (€30,000 in prizes)
Are you an African startup that develops progressive initiatives round power and also you wish to speed up the event of your undertaking? Apply for the second version of the EDF Pulse Africa Awards. Since 2014, Pulse Africa Awards has been working with start-ups to develop innovation and accompany the social modifications in the power sector, and in the worldwide context of worldwide warming and power transition. With an exponential demand for power, Africa is principally involved with these points.
Pulse Africa Awards
Wishing to contribute in facilitating entry to power alongside the brokers of change in the continent, EDF’s Pulse Africa AwardsInternational Division initiates a name for initiatives and launches the “EDF Pulse Awards” in Africa in order to be sustainable and efficient as a growth accomplice
Here are some other Opportunities you can apply
- Off-grid electrical manufacturing: In this class, the Grand Jury might reward one progressive answer for the manufacturing and/or storage of electrical energy in off-grid space (photovoltaic, hydroelectric, wind, thermal, and many others.)
- Electrical makes use of and companies: In this class, the Grand Jury might reward progressive services or products with low energy consumption or standard use companies (Hardware ex: family home equipment, tablets, followers, cooling techniques/Services e.g. cellular cash, breakdown service)
- Access to water: In this class, the Grand Jury might reward one progressive answer to enhance entry to water by means of electrical energy (agriculture, home use, and many others.)
- Each of the ten (10) finalists can have a presentation card on the location http://africapulse.edf.com: identify of the construction and undertaking, emblem (if offered in the temporary), nation of domiciliation, proposal abstract, a hyperlink to website or social community
- The ten (10) finalists can be invited to the Grand Jury day on November 22, 2018, and can take part to a 3 (three) day teaching session from November 19, 2018, to November 21, 2018. More proactively, they’ll obtain mentoring and recommendation on their undertaking growth from October to November. Each of the ten (10) finalists can even be invited to the awards ceremony
- The three (three) laureates will obtain from EDF an allocation for the first, 2nd and third prizes: €15,000, €10,000 and €5,000 respectively. This allocation will contribute to the event of their initiatives. The endowment can be paid by financial institution switch or verify to the successful crew construction. The three (three) winners will profit from quick access to financing and potential growth of partnerships with EDF Group firms in Africa
- EDF can’t be held accountable for the inaccuracy of the printed info, ensuing from the declarations of the candidates.
- Open to African start-ups that exist legally earlier than July 30, 2018, and is situated in Africa;
- You are eligible when you personal an progressive undertaking at a really superior stage which makes use of or produces electrical energy in the next areas: Off-grid electrical energy; Electricity companies and usages manufacturing; Water entry.
Projects acquired can be assessed on the premise of the next choice standards:
- Clarity and understanding of the proposal
- Innovative and differentiating options of the answer
- Progress for the society introduced by the answer
- The relevance of the enterprise mannequin
- Evaluation of the crew (imaginative and prescient, complementarity, experiences, expertise)
How to apply
For extra info, go to Offical website.
You can also visit our website for more information: OPPORTUNITIES CIRCLE