The PEMSEA EAS futures video competition for the youth is open till the first of September. PEMSEA believes in the need to involve youth in the protection and future of our shared seas. Therefore, with the cooperation of the Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries and RO Korea, PEMSEA is hosting sessions of regional competitions to build interest and awareness of the youth.
The PEMSEA competition focuses on showcasing the understanding the youth possess of their oceans. In addition, this competition will encourage the creativity and firmness shared through the video.
Youth can use this platform to share their knowledge, plans, and understanding. This competition aims to highlight the best practices and local marine actions of youth and the local issues or challenges of the oceans. As a result, young people will be more engaged in marine life and oceans for their betterment.
Here are more details about the EAS Futures Video Competition
The EAS futures video competition is based on the theme of strengthening the oceans. Therefore, competitor’s video must contain the following:
- Ocean and coasts as a source of food and living,
- Ocean and coasts as a source of habitat and ecosystems,
- Protecting and safeguarding coastal and shore biodiversity,
- Portraying responsible and maintainable tourism,
- Addressing marine and riverine pollution,
- Addressing coastal alteration to climate change.
Deadline is September 1, 2021