Purpose: To offer middle-career physicians the opportunity to improve their clinical skills and have catalytic effects in their workplaces.
Intended beneficiaries: middle-career doctors working in teaching hospitals affiliated with universities in low and middle-income countries of the Commonwealth.
These scholarships are offered under one of the six themes of the CSC:
- Science and technology for development.
- Strengthening health systems and capacity.
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening world peace, security and governance.
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises.
- Access, inclusion and opportunity.
- Scholarships will develop clinical skills that will improve health provision or outcomes for disadvantaged groups in low and middle income countries.
- The beneficiary is expected to disclose the skills and knowledge acquired upon returning home.
Medical scholarships are intended to provide access to specific skills / knowledge that are not easily obtained in the applicant’s country of origin. Applications that clearly demonstrate this will be considered favorably.
The awards are sustainable for a period of 4 to 6 months in any approved university hospital in the United Kingdom.