They take into account functions on a rolling foundation, although they encourage you to apply as quickly as attainable to be thought of for Host Organization placements. The application is a multi-step course of. The Fellow Classes begin four occasions a yr: January, April, July, and October.
To be thought of for Fellowships starting in July & October, they encourage you to submit your Part 1 application till 28 February. To be considered of for Fellowships beginning in January/April, submit your Part 1 application no later than August 15.
- Online Application – Part 1: Part 1: You will want to create a login, and it can save you your responses as a way to return to the application at any time. In Part 1 of the application (referred to as the “quick type”), you present contact data and full the preliminary eligibility take a look at. If you cross the preliminary eligibility take a look at, you’ll full further background questions and one quick essay. NOTE: To sponsor Fellows to come to the United States for one yr, they require detailed details about every applicant. Please reply every query truthfully and totally.
- Online Application – Part 2 (by invitation solely): Atlas Corps will evaluation Part 1 functions and invite eligible candidates to full Part 2 of the application (referred to as the “lengthy type”), which incorporates further questions on your expertise and pursuits and several other quick essay questions. You may even be required to submit contact data for not less than two references who know you in an expert capability and can write a letter of advice about your expertise and experiences in addition to your potential for success as an Atlas Corps Fellow. You will want to ship your requests for letter of advice immediately by way of the application system. Your recommenders will obtain an email that asks for a suggestion. More detailed directions will be present in the online application type.
- Atlas Corps Review & Interview Process (by invitation solely): Atlas Corps will evaluation Part 2 functions and choose prime candidates to interview by way of Skype with the Atlas Corps Selection Board, together with Atlas Corps workers and nonprofit sector, authorities, and enterprise leaders from some international locations.
- Host Organization Review Process (by invitation solely): Candidates who cross the Atlas Corps interview stage can be designated as Semi-Finalists, which suggests they’re eligible to be reviewed by potential Host Organizations. Atlas Corps determines which of our Semi-Finalists could also be a perfect match for particular positions at potential Host Organizations primarily based on their pursuits and talent set and the group’s wants, and forwards these functions to the organizations.
- Host Organization Interview Process (by invitation solely): Host Organizations conduct Skype video interviews with chosen Semi-Finalists.
- Selection and Visa Process: Host Organizations will make their ultimate suggestions to Atlas Corps, and Atlas Corps will notify the chosen candidates. After being chosen, Fellows will go to the U.S. Embassy of their respective international locations to apply for a J-1 visa. Atlas Corps will present assist in acquiring this visa.
- Semi-Finalists who will not be chosen by a Host Organization can be notified and could also be given the possibility to hold their application on file for consideration for the subsequent class of the Fellowship.