Yenching Social innovation Forum 2018 for Young Professionals and Students
Applications are open for the third annual Yenching Social Innovation Forum, held on the Yenching Academy of Peking University in Beijing, China from December 7 – 9, 2018. The Yenching Social Innovation Forum (YSIF) is an annual flagship occasion hosted by Yenching Academy of Peking University. With $45,000+ in funding and give attention to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), YSIF convenes younger leaders and innovators to develop and share concepts for fixing the world’s hardest issues.
Social Innovation Forum
The Yenching Social Innovation Forum is a three-day occasion that brings collectively younger innovators from around the globe to brainstorm options to among the most urgent points dealing with China and the world. The discussion board will include a collection of workshops, keynote audio system, networking occasions, and website visits hosted by people and organizations who’re leaders in social innovation.
Inspired by the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals Three, eight, and 11, they invite younger innovators to Beijing to study, community, and pitch options for “Smarter Living: Cities, Jobs, and Health for the Future.”
Every YSIF delegate should additionally convey a “potential answer” for not less than 1 of the three U.N. SDGs on this 12 months’ theme: SDG Three (Good Health & Well Being), SDG eight (Decent Work & Economic Growth), and SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities & Communities). Your “answer” can take many kinds (a startup, non-profit, civic marketing campaign, and so on.) at ANY stage of improvement (design, implementation, funding stage, and so on.). Or, it may possibly simply be a thought you want to implement, given time and sources. During YSIF, delegates will share their options in a pitch competitor, receiving suggestions from consultants and innovators. The questions on the finish of this way ask you to describe your answer.
Here are some other opportunities you can also apply:
- Meet enterprise leaders. Improve presentation abilities. Get knowledgeable suggestions. Building on the success of the YSIF ‘16 and YSIF 17 conferences, the Three-day YSIF ‘18 program will function pitch competitors with prizes for prime concepts, cross-cultural networking, and workshops led by multi-sector entrepreneurs and VCs from Greater China and overseas. After the convention, delegates will be part of a proficient world group of YSIF alumni and achieve entry to online channels.
- Partners. Networking. Media publicity. YSIF has constructed a partnership with Young Sustainable Impact (YSI), an acknowledged youth innovation non-profit primarily based in Norway and is an official member group of SDSN Youth, a worldwide community for educating and mobilizing youth to obtain the SDGs. Delegates can discover skilled alternatives with these companions. YSIF has additionally been featured in media by CGTN, the Beijing Energy Network, and Qdero.
- Visit a world-leading metropolis. YSIF takes benefit of China’s distinctive place as a quickly creating economic system dealing with a spread of social and sustainable improvement challenges. Beijing is each a political capital and a hub of upper training and expertise improvement, making the town a first-rate location for YSIF ‘18 delegates to join and innovate.
Transportation to and from Beijing, resort lodging, meals, and convention supplies will all be accounted for by the Yenching Academy of Peking University. Participants could have to bear visa bills and different private bills.
- YSIF welcomes functions from college students (school and above), professionals, and entrepreneurs from around the globe.
- They particularly encourage candidates with pursuits or work associated to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals and the YSIF ‘18 theme.
- YSIF is geared in the direction of artistic individuals who will share and pitch enterprise concepts.
- You have to be between 18 and 30 years outdated as of September 10, 2018.
Please contact us in case you have questions concerning eligibility.
How to Apply:
To fill the form click here: Application Form
For extra information visit: Official Website
You can also visit our website for more opportunities: www.opportunitiescircle.com