Vrije Universiteit Brussel Ph.D. Scholarship 2018
Vrije Universiteit Brussel Ph.D. Scholarship 2018 is providing scholarships for Ph.D. programs. The Vrije Universiteit Brussel has been a leading player in the Flemish Higher Education landscape for 40 years. It is the largest Dutch-speaking employer in the capital.
The PhD research scholarship offered by Vrije Universiteit Brussel will be combined with the position of graduate teaching assistant (category AAP). You will assist in the organization and guidance of educational tasks of the department of Industrial Sciences (INDI) in the area of electronics and informatics for the Bachelor and Master programs in Industrial Sciences.
Since the teaching assignment mainly concerns general introductory courses, good pedagogical qualities are essential, such as being able to convey concepts, understanding the necessary learning steps, designing a challenging curriculum with the necessary creativity, and motivating and enthusing students.
Also of interest is patience and the radiating of a certain authority based on knowledge and experience more than on a typical teacher-student hierarchical relationship.
The scholarship supports PhD-research in one of the following domains:
- Sensor Networks
- Security Design for the Internet of Things
- Hardware aspects of Smart Embedded Devices
- Embedded AI and embedded vision
- The research topic will be chosen with respect for the interest and the background of the candidate.
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Master in Science, Industrial Sciences or Engineering with a specification related to Electronics and informatics with Dutch language proficiency level B2.
- Excellent pedagogical skills.
- Excellent research capacities.
- The candidate is expected to endorse the educational vision of the university (full text available on the university website).
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Mastering the Dutch language is recommended. Candidates who are not competent in Dutch must be prepared to improve their Dutch language proficiency to the B2 level.
- Every first appointment depends upon the successful performance of a teaching session.
Deadline: September 4, 2018
How to Apply:
- Start date: October 1, 2018
- Interested in applying for the Vrije Universiteit Brussel Ph.D. Scholarship 2018? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.
- Apply here
For more information click here.
For more opportunities go to www.opportunitiescircle.com.