Volvo Environment Prize 2019 for Environmental Scientists
Volvo Environment Prize 2019 is hosted by an independent Foundation instituted in 1988 with the purpose of rewarding outstanding scientific discoveries or innovations which in broad terms fall within the environmental field.
The span of disciplines and activities for which nominations can be made is wide and includes all disciplines which have relevance to the environment. The research of nominees should be based on scientific grounds but must clearly show impacts outside of the specific discipline. The last date to apply is January 10, 2019.
A Scientific Committee reviews the nominations and presents a report to the international Prize Jury. The Jury recommends one or several winners to the Board of the Volvo Environment Prize Foundation, which then makes the formal decision. The decision is made public in October and the prize is awarded in November each year at a ceremony held in Stockholm, Sweden.
The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 165,000 or USD 215,000). The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year.
- Anyone can nominate a person for the Volvo Environment
- Nominees should come from a field of environmental and sustainability studies and initiatives;
- The span of disciplines and activities for which nominations can be made is wide and includes all disciplines which relevance to the environment;
- The research of nominees should be based on scientific grounds but must clearly show impact outside of the specific discipline;
- Please note that self-nominations are not accepted.
Deadline: January 10, 2019.
How to Apply:
Nominations must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to the knowledge about environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized. Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator
- When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize
Nominations should be submitted in English using the nomination form. When not feasible, please contact the secretariat at email@example.com
For more information, visit Volvo Environment Prize.
for more opportunities go to www.opportunitiescircle.com