The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) Program 2019 is now open for purposes. The Vanier CGS program goals to draw and retain world-class doctoral college students by supporting college students who show each management expertise and an excessive normal of scholarly achievement in graduate research in the social sciences and humanities, pure sciences and/or engineering and well being.
The Vanier CGS program helps Canadian establishments entice extremely certified doctoral college students. Up to 166 scholarships are awarded yearly.
The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s capability to draw and retain world-class doctoral college students and set up Canada as a worldwide center of excellence in analysis and better studying. Vanier Scholars show management expertise and an excessive normal of scholarly achievement in graduate research in the social sciences and humanities, pure sciences and/or engineering and well being.
Here are some other Opportunities you can apply
Areas of analysis:
- Health analysis
- Natural sciences and/or engineering analysis
- Social sciences and humanities analysis
$50,00zero per yr for three years (non-renewable)
Open to Canadian residents, Permanent residents of Canada and Foreign residents
To be thought of for a Vanier CGS, you need to:
- be nominated by just one Canadian establishment, which should have obtained a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral diploma (together with joint undergraduate/graduate analysis program resembling: MD/ Ph.D., DVM/ Ph.D., JD/ Ph.D. – if it has a demonstrated and vital analysis part). Note that solely the Ph.D. portion of a mixed diploma is eligible for funding;
- intend to pursue, in the summertime semester or the educational yr following the announcement of outcomes, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program resembling: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) research and analysis on the nominating establishment; Note that solely the Ph.D. portion of a mixed diploma is eligible for funding;
- not have accomplished greater than 20 months of doctoral research as of May 1, 2019
- have achieved a first-class common, as decided by your establishment, in every of the final two years of full-time examine or equal. Candidates are inspired to contact the establishment for its definition of a first-class common; and
- should not maintain, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or full a doctoral diploma.
Eligible Degree Programs
- Doctoral awards are tenable solely in diploma packages which have a major analysis part. The analysis part has to be a requirement for completion of this system and is taken into account to be vital authentic, autonomous analysis that results in the completion of a dissertation, main scholarly publication, efficiency, recital and/or exhibit that’s benefit reviewed on the institutional stage. Clinically-oriented packages of examine, together with medical psychology, are additionally eligible packages if they have a major analysis part, as described above.
Note: ResearchWeb will solely enable the creation of 1 utility per applicant. Applicants ought to solely search a nomination from the establishment at which they wish to examine and are suggested to debate their choice with the nominating establishment earlier than they submit the appliance by way of ResearchWeb.
- Academic Excellence
- Research Potential
- Candidates have to be nominated by the establishment at which they wish to examine. Candidates can’t apply on to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program.
- Candidates ought to confirm institutional inner deadlines with the administrator on the nominating establishment.
- Candidates ought to learn the Selection Committee Guide previous to commencing their utility. This information lists the three analysis standards and has helpful info on how the standards are evaluated.
- The Secretariat has curated a list of resources to assist candidates, establishments, referees, and evaluators contemplate fairness, range, and inclusion in their utility. Applicants are inspired to evaluation the sources earlier than they start writing their utility.
- To be thought of eligible for funding, candidates should attain a mean rating of at the very least three.1 in every one of the three standards.
How to apply:
- Applications are initiated in one in every of two methods. Either:
- the scholar informs the college of graduate research on the chosen establishment of their intent to use to the Vanier CGS program, or
- the establishment initiates the nomination course by contacting the specified candidate.
- Applications are ready by the scholar and submitted to the nominating establishment by their inner deadline (set in ResearchWeb by the nominating establishment) utilizing the ResearchNet utility system.
- The nominating establishment performs the inner candidate choice course of.
- The nominating establishment forwards really helpful nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by October 31, 2018 (20:00 Eastern Time).
- The Secretariat coordinates the evaluation course of.
- The Secretariat presents the suggestions to the Tri-Agency Programs (TAP) Steering Committee.
- The TAP Steering Committee endorses and approves last choices for the Vanier CGS program.
- Nominated candidates are notified of the competitor’s outcomes in April 2019.
For extra info, go to Offical website.
you can also visit our website for more: OPPORTUNITIES CIRCLE