United Nations FAO World Food Day 2018 Poster Contest
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations celebrates World Food Day each year on October 16 to commemorate the founding of the Organization in 1945. Events are organized in over 130 countries across the world, making it one of the most celebrated days of the UN calendar. These events promote worldwide awareness and action for those who suffer from hunger and for the need to ensure food security and nutritious diets for all. World Food Day is a chance to show our commitment to Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2 – to achieve #ZeroHunger by 2030.
World Food Day 2018 Poster Contest – The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is accepting applications from ages 5 to 19, The contest is to create a poster that illustrates their idea of Zero Hunger.
The competition is divided into the following categories:
- 5 to 8 years.
- 9 to 12 years.
- 13 to 15 years.
- 16 to 19 years.
- Working on an A4 sheet or an 8 ½ inches by 11 inches sheet is recommended, to make it easier for you to scan and upload your poster design. If your poster is larger, you may have to take a digital photo of the work and upload the photo file.
- Only one entry should be submitted per person. Multiple entries from one person will result in disqualification.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolour paint, as well as mixed media. The digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If the text is used, no more than 25 words or 100 characters can be accepted. Languages permitted include: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Italian and Japanese.
- All artwork must be original and should not include photographic images of the Contestant or other personal information.
- All participants are encouraged to read about the World Food Day theme in the World Food Day Activity Book Younger children may want to learn together with a parent or teacher.
- Participation is free of charge.
- 15 posters in each category (60 posters) will be selected for the shortlist by the screening committee before December 5, 2018. Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement;
- Three winning poster designs will be selected as finalists by a jury in each category;
- The top three poster designs in all categories will be announced on the World Food Day website;
- Winners will be promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world;
- Winners will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag;
- In the event that any of the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible in accordance with these Contest rules and/or the General Rules, Copyright and Privacy, cannot be traced, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and it will be in the sole discretion of FAO to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry.
- When winning posters are published, only the first initial, full family name and country of origin will be published. No other personal information about the Contestants will be published or shared.
- Open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world;
- The age to declare in the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
How to Apply:
- Posters can only be submitted using the entry form provided. All fields in the Contest entry form must be completed and after uploading the poster design, the ENTER button must be clicked. Younger children may need help from an adult in making their online submission.
- Only digital files saved as a JPEG will be accepted and submissions must be made through the online form provided – please do not send in physical posters.
- Only the shortlisted contestants will be notified by email by 5 December 2018.
Deadline: November 9, 2018
For more information, visit United Nations FAO World Food Day 2018 Poster Contest.
for more opportunities go to www.opportunitiescircle.com