University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP) Summer program 2018
(UMAP) Summer program 2018
The University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP) is pleased to announce the opening of application for the UMAP Summer Program 2018 (UMAP Discovery Camp 2018 in Thailand). The Summer program is hosted by Office of Higher Education Commission (OHEC), Chulalongkorn University (CU), King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT) and Bangkok University (BU).
Founded in 1991, the UMAP is a voluntary association of government and non-government representatives of the higher education (university) sector. The general aim of UMAP is for each of the countries and territories in the Asia- Pacific region to achieve a better understanding of the cultural, economic and social systems of the other countries and territories in the region through enhanced cooperation among higher education institutions and increased mobility of university students and staff.
Here are some other Opportunities you can also apply
- The Summer program offers a full scholarship including accommodation, land transportation, activities, and lectures.
- Applicants must be a student of a UMAP full member university/college;
- Be between 18-23 years old, as of April 1, 2018 (preferable);
- Must possess a good command of English Language, with one of the following proficiency scores: IELTS: overall score of 5.0/TOEFL: overall score of 500 iBT / 173 CBT / 61 PBT/TOEIC: overall Score of 650 or Other English Proficiency Test which is equivalent to the test mentioned above;
- Must submit a 250-word statement of purpose, together with a letter of nomination from a home university;
- Must be willing to partake in and contribute to all lectures and activities of the UMAP Discovery Camp 2018;
- Be physically fit to travel and able to engage in all activities such as walking and bike riding;
- Must obtain a permit to enter Thailand as stated here, if required;
- Must be responsible for own expenses for travel arrangements to Thailand, travel and medical insurance.
- Applicants are to complete the online application form .
- Required documents are:
- Copy of Passport
- 250-word Statement of Purpose
- English Language Proficiency Test Score
- Letter of Nomination from Home University
You can also visit our website for more: OPPORTUNITIES CIRCLE