Nelson Mandela Peace Summit 2018 at United Nations HQ in New York
Nelson Mandela Peace
Calling NGO representatives: apply to talk or attend to occur at UNHQ on 24 September. Noting that 2018 will mark the centenary of the beginning of the late Nelson Mandela, the UN General Assembly has decided to convene a high-level plenary meeting to be typically often called the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit on 24 September 2018 at UN Headquarters in New York, in accordance with General Assembly resolution 72/243.
At the request of the Office of the President of the General Assembly (OPGA), the UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS) is facilitating a course to find out:
- stakeholders to attend the July meeting convened by the co-facilitators by the preparatory course of;
- 1 stakeholder speaker for the September Nelson Mandela Peace Summit;
- stakeholders to attend the September Nelson Mandela Peace Summit as observers.
Organizations that are not in consultative standing with UN ECOSOC will probably be circulated to the UN Member States for consideration on a non-objection basis.
Here are some other Opportunities you can apply
For the chosen speaker:
Travel funding will probably be obtainable from the UN to help the participation of the chosen stakeholder speaker in the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit. The chosen speaker will wish to make his/her private visa preparations, if needed for the journey to the US, and cover the worth of the visa.
- Open to NGO representatives
- It is simply not a requirement in your group to be in consultative standing with ECOSOC to use for this event.
How to apply
Before submitting an application to attend the event, please:
- Review the background knowledge for this event.
- Confirm that the candidate meets all the next requirements:
- is a marketing consultant of a stakeholder group that has had a long-term programmatic give consideration to factors to be addressed in this event;
- has demonstrated the facility to work together constructively with a variety of stakeholders;
- has a visa for the journey to New York, or is able to purchase e one for a trip to New York without assistance from the UN. Please check with the US Embassy or Consulate in the candidate’s nation or place of residence.
UN-NGLS will facilitate a stakeholder Selection Committee for the evaluation and short-listing of the candidates for the speaking operate to be provided to OPGA for his or her consideration. The Committee will assure regional and gender stability, and a number of constituency and expertise in the final set of candidates. The President of the General Assembly will make the final word alternative of the speaker for this event.