Nominations are open for the National Geographic Society/Buffett Awards for Leadership in Conservation 2019. The Awards for Leadership in Conservation were established by the Society and The Howard G. Buffett Foundation to recognize and celebrate unsung heroes working in the field.
Two awards are presented each year: one for achievement in Africa (established in 2002) and the other for achievement in Latin America (established in 2005). Recipients of these awards have demonstrated outstanding leadership in managing and protecting the natural resources in their regions and countries. In addition, they are each inspirational conservation advocates who serve as role models and mentors.
- Nominee must be citizen from the country where he/she develops the conservation work;
- Nominee must be an accomplished individual that has created positive change in his/her community through conservation;
- Buffett Awards are not lifetime achievement awards, nor are they early career awards. Thus nominees must be at the peak of their careers as conservation leaders;
- Buffett Awards are not conservation grants;
- Preference will be given to nominees who have not received multiple conservation awards;
- Preference will be given to nominees with species-focused conservation efforts;
- Individuals nominating themselves will not be considered.
Here are some other Opportunities you can also apply:
- PhD Scholarship Scheme Australia 2018
- Warwick Chancellors International Scholarships 2018
- Cambridge International Scholarships 2018 2019
- Centennial Scholarships for Incoming Freshmen at North Carolina State University USA 2018
- Fully Funded Doctoral Studentships at University of Oxford
- Winners receive a one-time award of $25,000 to support their ongoing work.
To Apply Click on the Form: Application Form
For extra information visit: Official Website
For more Opportunities follow: OPPORTUNITIES CIRCLE