Location of Media Youth Fellowship :
- Responding to the wants of youth in the neighbourhood is the biggest aim of media youth fellowship , notably younger ladies and youth leaders.
- Building capability in media, journalism, radio manufacturing, advocacy abilities, technical talents, and regional networking.eg: Fellows could take part in trainings or programs at native or regional universities or with different companies related to the fellowship.
- Development of radio content material on matters associated to the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP), decolonized historical past of Indigenous Peoples, safety of lands and sources, Indigenous ladies’s rights, Indigenous youth points, cultural and ancestral heritage, nationwide laws affecting Indigenous Peoples’ rights.
- Fellows could take part in a global discussion board such because the UN Permanent Forum on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples with the aim of bringing their communities’ issues to the worldwide stage and studying about how these mechanisms work and contribute to Cultural Survival work on the United Nations.
- Developing coaching, workshop facilitation, program improvement, institutional improvement, and palms on expertise to efficiently characterize the voices of their communities and produce consciousness of native points to world conversations in relation to indigenous youth.eg: Fellows could discover ways to use and entry Free Software program to create a web-based radio programming to amplify the native concern to a web-based world platform.
- Indigenous youth between the ages of 14 to 25.
- Internet accessibility and different type of communication to creatively collaborate with different fellows and to have the ability to take part in convention/skype calls.
- Commitment and keenness to find out about know-how, program improvement, the work of different group radios, and worldwide Indigenous rights advocacy.
- Applicants should be capable of work and journey independently and be liable for implementing their proposed tasks. Project may be submitted individually or as group of youth from group radio.
- Applicants should reside in Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, South Africa, or Nepal.
- Preference shall be given to youth working at group radios which have accomplished tasks with Cultural Survival and can have the chance to shadow a Cultural Survival workers in relation to their challenge mandate.
- Project funds should be inside $four, 000 US Dollars.
Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, South Africa, Nepal.
Here are some other opportunities you can also apply
Applicants should observe the procedures given within the hyperlink under.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018