Calling journalism students throughout Europe. Apply for Google News Lab Fellowship. The fellowship seeks to develop the subsequent era of journalists working to tell, interact, and encourage individuals across the world. If you’ve a passion for information, wish to make and break tales and love technology—the 2018 Google News Lab Fellowship is for you.
The Google News Lab Fellowship provides college students interested in journalism and expertise the chance to spend the summer time working at related organizations internationally to realize worthwhile experience and make lifelong contacts and associates.
This 12 months they’re providing placements across 10 international locations. For the first time, news publishers in Belgium and the Netherlands shall be participating—the Fellowship will open here quickly—and every of will supply new opportunities for college students to realize worthwhile expertise.
During their placement, the Fellows are invited to contribute their ideas to tales and new initiatives. From fact-checking to knowledge journalism, video to audio, every newsroom provides a singular opportunity. In earlier years, we’ve seen Fellows safe a frontpage story, bring new considering to analytics and introduce rising 360 expertise to their newsroom.
The collaborating newsrooms will choose their most well-liked candidates and determine a Fellow by the top of May. The Fellow will then be part of the newsroom for a two-month summer time placement, and Google gives a €5,500 stipend for every publisher to allocate.
Fellows who’ve accomplished their placement in earlier years say it was a “golden opportunity to get full-time work experience” and a useful begin to their profession in journalism.
here are some other opportunities
- SUSI 2018
- JAUW International Fellowship Program 2018
- Ion Ratiu Democracy Fellowship 2018 at the Wilson Center Washington
- You should be 18 years of age or older as of 1 January 2018 to be eligible for the 2018 Fellowship.
- For college students wishing to apply, you should be in higher education or enrolled in or accepted into an accredited larger education institution together with (however not essentially restricted to) colleges and universities. This contains undergraduate college students, college students studying for a masters, and college students enrolled in PhD programmes.
- International college students can apply so long as you might be enrolled in a higher education institution based mostly in one of many eligible international locations as of 1 January 2018 and eligible to work there.
- They accept each full-time and part-time college students. It is the person scholar’s duty to make sure that she or he is legally permitted to work within the nation.
- You might solely apply to 1 organisation.
Applications are open within the following European international locations: Austria, Ireland, Finland, France, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK.
You’re more likely to be chosen if:
- You’re excited about journalism, particularly knowledge pushed journalism or freedom of expression online.
- You suppose analytically and have a knack for analysis, writing, and communication.
- You’re a master multitasker who works rapidly, neatly, and resourcefully.
Successful candidates are notified of their selection by March 30, 2018.
For more information, go to Google News Lab Fellowship.
Deadline: March 15, 2018
for more opportunities visit our site https://www.opportunitiescircle.com