Fully Funded Fellowships in Japan at the University of Tokyo, 2019 is open for application.
The Amgen Scholars Program gives lots of-of undergraduates annually with the chance to undertake scientific analysis tasks at many of the world’s leading establishments.
The goal of this system is to supply undergraduate scholars from completely different international locations (together with some from Japan) who are deciding to or who are contemplating a profession in biology or associated sciences and trying to proceed to graduate research, with eight weeks of biomedical analysis expertise in the fundamental and translational sciences. Research experiences are provided by school members of the Graduate School of Science, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Life Sciences, and the Institute of Industrial Science. By the top of their summer season expertise, scholars are anticipated to amass data and abilities for conducting the analysis. The scholars are additionally expected to increase their worldwide friendship via collaborative experiences. These experiences will assist the scholars to develop future collaborations in many conditions.
Furthermore to working full time in the laboratory for eight weeks, this system options:
- Visits to Graduate Schools and Institutes associated with the biomedical analysis
- Information periods on tips on how to apply to Graduate Schools at UTokyo
- Special seminars and luncheons the place scholars can meet and have discussions
- Access to Tokyo campus amenities such because of the Library, Health Care Center and Gymnasium
- Japanese tradition seminars and language lessons
- To commit full effort in participating in the Amgen Scholars Program. Scholars can’t take any programs or maintain a job all through the length of this system. Also, all contributors should be capable of attending this system for its total length.
- To reside in the lodging offered by Tokyo.
- To take part in the day-to-day life of the analysis group, appreciate the work of all members of the laboratory, and attend and take part in laboratory conferences or different gatherings.
- To participate in the orientation on June 11, all required conferences, actions, and social occasions.
- Present a poster/presentation describing his/her summer season analysis challenge.
- To submit an analysis paper to the Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program Director at the conclusion of this system.
Contact the Organizer: amgenscholars.adm[at]gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp