Applications are invited for Five (5) Masters Fellowships in Computing Tenable at Makerere University in Uganda. These fellowships can be found for worldwide college students.
The purpose of the programme is to construct analysis capability in modern Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) for sustainable financial progress in Uganda. Health and training are the 2 utility domains that will likely be important focus areas.
The BRIGHT undertaking goals at contributing in direction of sustainable socio-economic progress in Uganda by way of capability constructing in Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) analysis. Ten (10) Ph.D. college students inside the areas of digital innovation, software program engineering and entrepreneurship will likely be skilled by way of an analysis partnership between Makerere University and Mbarara University of Science and Technology, University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology of Sweden. The undertaking is supported by Sida
You can also visit our Official Website for more opporutnities.
- Course Level: Masters Fellowships can be found to pursue Master diploma programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the sector of Computing. Project Title: BRIGHT: Building Research Capacity in Innovative Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) for Sustainable Socio-economic Growth in Uganda.
- Scholarship Award: The grant is anticipated to offer to assist for tuition charges, analysis prices, minor gear, regional/worldwide conferences, discipline research, and publications.
- Nationality: These fellowships can be found for International college students.
- Number of Scholarships: Five fellowships can be found.
- The scholarship could be taken in Uganda
Eligible Countries: These fellowships can be found for International college students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the next standards:
- The applicant will need to have an admission letter to a related Master’s program at Makerere University, particularly (Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Systems/Technology)
2. Applicants ought to ideally have been admitted to a Master’s program inside the final two years (i.e., in 2017/18 or 2018/19). Those admitted in 2017/18 ought to be on a standard educational progress.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language shouldn’t be English are often required to offer proof of proficiency in English on the greater degree required by the University.
How to Apply:
The utility should be written in English and it should embody two separate paperwork plus a replica of the applicant’s analysis idea/proposal. Applications will likely be dealt with electronically.
The 1st doc shall embody:
1. A brief cowl letter with a motivation that describes how the applicant meets the choice standards (max. one A4 web page)
2. Curriculum Vitae.
three. Undergraduate transcript, and Master’s partial testimonial (for these admitted in 2017/18).
four. At least two suggestion letters from individuals which are conversant in the applicants.
The 2nd doc shall embody:
1. A proposal for an analysis subject together with a strategy and analysis plan (max. 2 A4 pages),
2. Name(s) of the proposed educational supervisor (non-compulsory)
three. Other paperwork deemed essential by the applicant to assist their utility
1. Detailed details about the applying for the fellowship could be obtained from the undertaking web site.
2. Submission of utility for the fellowship with supporting paperwork ought to be by way of the scholarship submission hyperlink. All records date ought to be in PDF format.
three. Application deadline is 28th September 2018 and interviews (the place relevant) will likely be carried out 1st-10th October 2018.
four. Only shortlisted candidates will likely be contacted.
For more information visit Official website
For more opportunities follow Opportunitiescircle