ESD Okayama Award 2018 for Organizations around the world ($3,000 Global Prize)
ESD Okayama Award 2018 is open for entry! The award performed by Okayama City and ESD Okayama Award Steering Committee will reward excellent ESD practices in native communities around the world to assist the organizations finishing up ESD actions, and in addition showcase and promote ESD.
Okayama City has additionally been chosen as certainly one of the UNESCO Key Partners of the Global Action Programme on ESD (GAP) in Priority Action Area 5 (Accelerating sustainable options at the native stage), and we’re dedicated to additional advancing ESD past 2015. With this function, Okayama City launched the ‘ESD Okayama Award’ in 2015. The ESD Okayama Award 2018 is organized by Okayama City and the ESD Okayama Award Steering Board, composed of organizations which have been selling ESD in Japan and around the world.
ESD Okayama Award 2018
The ESD Okayama Award 2018 goals to showcase good practices worldwide and to additional advance ESD.
- The Global Prize of US $three,000 might be given to as much as two initiatives.
- Award winners might be invited to the Award Ceremony on October 27, 2018 (Saturday) in Okayama, Japan, and might be requested to provide a presentation on the venture. The detailed info might be despatched to award winners.
Here are some other Opportunites you can also apply:
- Organizations based mostly in any nation, together with Japan, implementing ESD actions in native communities are eligible to use for the Global Prize.
- Only one utility per group might be accepted.
- Projects which acquired the Global Prize in the previous are usually not eligible.
- The group whose venture acquired the Global Award in the previous can apply for this Award with different initiatives.
- The venture ought to have already been working for no less than two years in April 2018.
The Global Prize might be given to excellent initiatives that may function in international fashions contributing to the promotion ESD in native communities. Submitted initiatives might be reviewed by ESD specialists based mostly on the following standards.
- Vision: Project outlines native points, and targets are clearly said.
- Collaboration: Project has a (clear) implementation construction with varied collaborating stakeholders (people and organizations).
- Integration: Project integrates environmental, social, and financial dimensions of ESD.
- Empowerment: Project takes instructional approaches akin to interactive strategies for problem-solving and selling actions to form a sustainable future. The project additionally results in conduct change of people, together with the transformation of values, attitudes and actions, and to the empowerment of native communities.
- Innovation: The venture demonstrates a revolutionary strategy to ESD.
- Future Strategy: Project is anticipated to be developed and expanded in the future and it’ll deliver optimistic influences to different communities as properly.
Materials to be submitted:
- Complete the utility type under
- The type should be written in both English or Japanese.
- The type might be downloaded from the URL under.
- Upload the Movie or Slideshow of the Project
- Please put together a Movie or Slideshow of the venture and add it to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Please observe Movie or Slideshow can’t be over 5 minutes.
- Please add the information on ‘YouTube’ or ‘Vimeo’, and write the URL on the column of the Application Form. Please do NOT ship the information by e-mail.
- If you could have a number of Movies or Slideshows, please choose ONE and provides its URL.
- The Movie or Slideshow of the nominated venture might be used for the online voting.
- Supporting Documents
- You can connect related Supporting Documents to the Application Form. Supporting paperwork can’t be greater than 5 pages (A4 Paper) in whole.
- Documents exceeding 5 pages won’t be accepted or thought of.
How to Apply:
Download the application form.
For extra info: ESD Okayama Award.
You also can go to our web site for extra: OPPORTUNITIES CIRCLE