Applications are open for the DADI Foundation Awards to harness technology to support democracy. This opportunity will help to shape a paradigm shift enabling truly transparent and accountable governance in an era where we are at risk of more elections but ever decreasing democracy.
The successful team will do an initial diagnostics session with tech and project management experts to identify specific support needs. Depending on their needs we will offer the following:
- Access to dedicated technical expertise including, where needed, assistance with user research, open source, agile project management, design and content development;
- Tech for Good advice, ongoing project management support and mentorship;
- Continued support to ensure sustainability and scalability.
The award will focus on:
- Increasing access to justice;
- Strengthening civil society;
- Empowering citizen journalists;
- Equipping future human rights activists and technologists to build and participate in more robust democracies.
- The Challenge Award is open to organizations from any country;
- The foundation may require additional due diligence checks if the successful applicant is registered outside the UK;
- They may fund unregistered organizations that have charitable purposes (e.g. Social Enterprises) providing the funds are to be used exclusively to fund activities, services or outcomes that are intended to further our charitable purposes and are for the public benefit;
- They will not normally support applications from large national or international charities i.e. those with an annual income in excess of GBP 5 million or charities dedicated to issues deemed by the Trustees to be already well funded within the UK or Internationally.
- The successful applicant will receive GBP 10,000 and expert support/mentorship.
- Projects that use technology to support or develop robust and inclusive democracies or that enable human rights activists or technologists to be better equipped to build and participate in such democracies;
- Projects of approximately 3-6 months (although we will consider applications for shorter or longer projects).
How to apply:
- Organizations from any country.
For more opportunities log in to www.opportunitiescircle.com