Clean Energy Wire (CLEW) Media Study Tour Programme 2018 for International Journalists (Funded)
Clean Energy Wire
Clean Energy Wire invitations journalists to use for the Media Study Tour Programme in June 2018. This is a three-day go to that can take worldwide journalists to go to North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany’s Historic Coal Year to interact with specialists and search solutions to some contact solutions confronting Germany.
Is the world’s largest lignite producer lastly dealing with the darkish aspect of the Energiewende? Long thought-about to be a clear vitality pioneer, what’s maintaining Germany from following most of its European neighbors in phasing out coal? As coal mines shut, how do native communities discover new types of employment and tax income? On the Paris pathway of ending fossil gas extraction, is there a future for the German custom of commerce union-brokered social pacts?
Here are some other Opportunites you can also apply
The joint stock-taking train will take journalists to North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany’s industrial heartland, and most populous state. During the three-day research tour, they may go to one of many large opencast lignite mining pits within the Rhineland, see the Ibbenbüren arduous coal mine, and get acquainted with native post-coal enterprise initiatives.
In conferences with main vitality specialists, policymakers, company leaders, and regional planners, they may search solutions to questions Germany is dealing with because it confronts the long-neglected ‘darkish aspect of the Energiewende’.
- Long thought-about to be a clear vitality pioneer, what’s maintaining Germany from following most of its European neighbors in phasing out coal?
- As coal mines shut, how do native communities discover new types of employment and tax income?
- On the Paris pathway of ending fossil gas extraction, is there a future for the German custom of commerce union-brokered social pacts
Participation in the media workshop is freed from cost. All bills incurred through the workshop, together with meals, lodging, and transport, shall be lined by the Clean Energy Wire.
The following funding choices can be found for the journey (prepare, coach, or flight) to and from Germany:
- 100 % reimbursement (restricted contingent)
- 60% reimbursement for climate-friendly modes of transport, corresponding to prepare and coach journey, OR
- 40% reimbursement for air journey.
Please point out by way of the applying type whether or not you’ll cowl your individual journey bills, or which of the 2 reimbursement schemes you’re making use of for. Also contemplate rigorously whether or not you might be able to enter any further exterior sources of funding earlier than selecting 100% reimbursement, as totally funded areas are very restricted and aggressive.
- The media workshop is open to worldwide journalists
- with knowledgeable background in vitality, environmental, or local weather coverage journalism
- from international locations with main fossil gas extraction industries
- Presentations through the workshop shall be both in English or in German. English-German simultaneous interpretation shall be offered the place essentially
Get in touch with Programme Officer Ms. Eva Freundorfer
Please apply by clicking on Sign up within the pink bar here.
you can also visit our website for more : OPPORTUNTIES CIRCLE