Eligibility Criteria :
To be eligible for a Chevening scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a country or territory eligible for Chevening.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your concession ends.
- Having completed all the requirementof a university degree that will allow you to enter a graduate program at a university in the United Kingdom when you apply. This is usually equivalent to a 2: 1 second-class honors degree in the United Kingdom.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Apply for three eligible UK university courses and you have received an unconditional offer of one of these options before July 16, 2020.
- Comply with the requirements of the Chevening English language before July 16, 2020.
- To receive a Chevening Scholarship, all applicants must demonstrate that they have met the English language requirement of Chevening before July 16, 2020.
- We advise all applicants to ensure that they have met the English language requirement as soon as possible:
- Taking an English language exam.
- Claim an exemption based on the exempt categories of UKVI.
- If you do not show that you have reached the required level of English before July 16, 2020 or do not prove that you qualify for an exemption, your application will not be successful.
Chevening accepts English tests from five providers:
- IELTS Academic
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge English: Advanced [CAE])
- Trinidad ISE II (B2)
The English language exam must have been taken from one of these providers as of October 1, 2018. If you do not already have an existing eligible exam certificate, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have reserved an exam date in order to obtain the required results.
Applicants cannot take pre-session courses to meet the English language requirement of Chevening. You will be asked to take one of the approved English tests, unless you are in one of the exempt categories.
Applicants cannot enroll in courses prior to the session to meet their university’s English language requirement or any other condition of a university offer. Any offer from a university with the requirement of taking a course prior to the session will be considered conditional.
For more details about the language test, visit here.
You must ensure that you meet the minimum work-experience requirement for the scholarship before submitting your Chevening application. Chevening Scholarships require applicants to have at least two years of work experience.
- Eligible types of work experience:
- Full time employment
- Part time job
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
- For more details about work experience, visit here.
You are not eligible for a Chevening scholarship if:
- Have dual British or British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or have BN (O) and submit your application from Hong Kong).
- Have refugee status in an ineligible Chevening country. Applicants who are citizens of a country eligible for Chevening and who have refugee status in a country eligible for Chevening are eligible for a scholarship.
- Is an employee, a former employee or relative * of an employee (since July 2017) of His Majesty’s
- Government (including British embassies / high commissions; Department of International
- Development; Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; Department of International
- Trade Affairs; the Ministry of Defense; and the Ministry of Interior), or a staff member of the Commonwealth University Association.
- Employees, former employees or relatives * of an employee (since July 2017) of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to submit an application, but cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization they work for, previously worked or are affiliated with. through relatives.
- Having previously studied in the United Kingdom with funds from a grant funded by the United Kingdom government.
- Once submitted, applications are submitted to an electronic examination in accordance with our eligibility criteria. Any application deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please note that once your request has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.