Are you an international student looking for a PhD scholarship? If that’s the case, you’re in luck! There are many PhD scholarships for international students that can help you pay for your doctoral studies and research.
Pursuing a PhD degree abroad can be a challenging but rewarding experience. It opens up a world of opportunities in academia and research; however, it can be expensive, especially for international students. In past decades, many students quit the idea of pursuing PhD due to financial restraints; however, they do not need to worry anymore. They can pursue PhD with scholarship without worrying about the hefty amount of money and contribute to the research and development. Fortunately, there are several PhD scholarships for international students that can help offset the cost of pursuing a PhD. These scholarships can be found in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and European countries. There are more than 500 scholarships available where you can apply right now if you want to do PhD fully funded. These fully funded PhD scholarships for international students can help offset tuition, fees, and other expenses related to earning a degree.
Some of these scholarships are specifically designed for international students, while others are open to both domestic and international applicants. Regardless of where you come from, PhD scholarships are available to help you achieve your goals. So don’t let financial concerns hold you back – take a look at some of the top PhD scholarships for international students and apply for one today!
Here is the list of fully funded PhD Scholarships for international students
University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2024 in Japan | Fully Funded | Study free in Japan
Are you ready to start your higher studies in Japan for free? The fully funded University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2024 is here to help you with your study finances. Opportunities Circle has listed the benefits below:
Benefits of the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship in Japan 2024:
- Students will receive a monthly allowance:
- 144,000 yen per month for Master’s Program
- 145,000 yen per month for the Doctoral Program
- Furthermore, an additional stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month may be added to some research students.
- The traveling cost will be covered according to the designated route, an economy class ticket from the airport nearest the residence. MEXT will not cover any cost of local travel expenses and baggage expenses.
- The successful applicants’ enrolment and the successful students’ tuition fees will be exempted.
- The fully funded MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship 2024 is an opportunity to experience Japanese culture and Study in Japan for free.
Singapore International Graduate Award 2024 | Fully Funded | Singa 2024
Singapore International Graduate Award for international students is fully funded. It will cover all costs related to studying abroad. Detailed information about the financial coverage and benefits is provided in this section. Therefore, read it carefully without skipping any points.
Singapore International Graduate Award Benefits:
- This Singapore government scholarship will cover full tuition fee waiver.
- Scholarship recipients will receive a one-time payment (allowance of $1,000).
- Moreover, a single air allowance of up to $1,500 will be provided.
- In addition, SINGA will also provide a monthly stipend of $2,000 that will increase to $2,200 after the passing of the Qualification.
- Furthermore, it is an excellent opportunity to study in an Asian country without spending a penny.
- Complete your PhD degree abroad, and that too for free.
- Exposure to international labs and research systems.
UNS Scholarship 2024 in Indonesia | Fully Funded
This international scholarship is full of benefits. So before starting the application process, you must check the benefits of this UNS Scholarship in Indonesia, which are mentioned below:
Benefits of the UNS Scholarship Scheme 2024 in Indonesia:
- This scholarship will cover the complete tuition fee for the entire bachelor/master/ doctoral degree.
- The scholars will receive a monthly living allowance of IDR 1,000,000 for the Bachelor’s level, IDR 1,250,000 for the master’s level, and IDR 1,750,000 for Doctoral level.
- Under this scholarship, scholars will get accommodation in students’ dormitories.
- A breakfast meal is also provided in the student’s dormitory.
- Applicants will get a free Indonesian Language course to learn Indonesian language.
- Scholars will receive expert support while working with the mentors.
- The scholars will get international networking opportunities.
- The fully funded UNS scholarship in Indonesia is an opportunity to study in Indonesia for free.
DAAD Scholarship Program 2024-2025 | Study free in Germany |Fully Funded
Did you check the eligibility criteria for the scholarship, and now you want to know more about DAAD scholarship in Germany? Opportunities Circle has listed the most important information, ‘benefits and financial coverage’ in this section.
DAAD Scholarship Benefits:
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral applicants under the DAAD scholarship 2024.
- Payments for health insurance, accidents, and civil liability will be provided.
- Subsidy for monthly rent for all applicants.
- Travel expenses, unless these expenses are covered by the country of origin or other sources of funding.
- However, DAAD scholarship does not cover tuition fees.
- It is an excellent opportunity to study in Germany and experience European culture.
- Build networks and connections with like-minded people from different countries.
King AbdulAziz University Scholarship 2024 | Fully Funded | Study in Saudi Arabia
King Abdulaziz University Scholarship 2024 for international students is an excellent opportunity to study in Saudi Arabia for free. However, before starting the application process, check the financial support and benefits below.
Benefits of Scholarship by King Abdulaziz University:
- The King Abdulaziz scholarship in Saudi Arabia provides pickup at Jeddah airport for new international students.
- Return airfare tickets for international students.
- Students will also get a reward of arrival allowance.
- The fully funded Saudi scholarship also provides thesis printing allowance for PhD and master applicants.
- The scholarship also covers Books shipping allowance for all the scholars.
- Students will also get subsidized meals.
- The scholarship will also provide accommodation in dorms.
- Health care for all successful students and their families too.
- Students will also get a preparation allowance.
- The university students will get emergency subsidies and financial aid if required.
- Students will also receive a limited monthly allowance.
- The fully funded scholarship is a life-changing opportunity for international students because the Saudi university offers outstanding care for international students.
- Students will also get access to advanced research centers of the university.
- International students from all over the world will gather at one place and experience the university’s rich and diverse culture; they will learn, grow, and learn in their respective fields from professionals.
President’s PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London 2024 | Study in the UK
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, do not forget to read the various benefits of the President’s PhD scholarships at Imperial College London that Opportunities Circle has listed for you below.
Benefits of the President’s PhD Scholarships in the UK:
- The President’s PhD Scholarships includes full coverage of tuition fees for the PhD program.
- All applicants also receive a stipend of £25,150 per year to support living expenses. (2024-25 rate)
- PhD applicants will get a consumable grant of £2000 per year for the initial three years of the PhD program.
- The President’s PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London offers unique support services, including assistance for students with disabilities and visa support for international students.
- Moreover, international students will have access to complimentary English language courses, as well as participation in various college clubs and communities.
- Scholars also gain access to state-of-the-art laboratories, libraries, and research resources.
- Imperial College London offers comprehensive career development support, helping scholars prepare for a successful career path both within and outside academia.
- Beyond academics, Imperial College London offers a vibrant campus life, including cultural events, sports, and various clubs and societies to enrich scholars’ experiences.
- Upon graduation, scholars become part of an extensive alumni network, opening doors to opportunities and collaborations throughout their careers.
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024 in the UK | Fully Funded
Ready to apply for the fully Funded Commonwealth PhD scholarships in the UK? Then, read the benefits and funding covered by the UK scholarship. We have listed the benefits of the Commonwealth Doctoral scholarship for international students below.
Benefits of the Commonwealth PhD scholarships 2024:
- Approved airfare from the applicant’s home country to the UK and returned at the end of the scholarship.
- The fully-funded PhD scholarship covers the approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at £1,347 or £1,652 per month for those students who are at universities in the London metropolitan area.
- The fully funded scholarship for international students also provides a warm clothing allowance if required.
- Applicants will also get a study travel grant.
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (the cost of one economy class return airfare to fieldwork location), if approved.
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to home country or spouse and/or child allowances during the scholarship if applicable.
- Family allowances.
- If an applicant is declared with a disability, the CSC will offer a full assessment of your needs and eligibility for additional financial support.
- Opportunity for international scholars to study in the UK for free.
GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2024 | Fully Funded | Study in Korea
Interested, right? You are almost there. Check the benefits and financial coverage offered by the GIST for international students. In this section, we have explained the complete financial benefits of applying for scholarships in South Korea.
Benefits of Fully Funded GIST scholarship:
- The scholarship will cover the 100% tuition fee of international students.
- MS students will receive a monthly stipend of 140,000 Won.
- PhD students will get a monthly stipend of 295,000 Won.
- MS and PhD students will receive a meal allowance of 100,000 Won.
- MS and PhD students will receive an international student allowance of 120,000 Won. However, students must maintain a three or higher GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- MS students participating in research projects will receive a research assistantship of 4,785,384 won per year, while PhD students will get a research assistantship of 12,263,262 won per year.
- Also, GIST will reimburse one-way flight to South Korea (only once).
- It will also cover 60% of national health insurance, including annual medical checkups.
- Opportunity to study at a top Korean university without worrying about financial expenses.
- Live in South Korea and discover Korean culture.
- Explore career opportunities in South Korea.
Note: Students must complete at least nine credits in the previous semester to get student and meal allowance benefits under the GIST scholarship.
Wellington Doctoral Scholarship 2024-25 | Study free in New Zealand
Start your application right now after reading about the benefits of the fully funded PhD scholarship in New Zealand because this scholarship is full of benefits for international students. Opportunities Circle has listed the benefits below:
Benefits of the Victoria University Wellington Doctoral Scholarship:
- The Victoria University Wellington scholarship will cover up to three years of tuition.
- International students will also get an annual stipend of $29,500 for up to three years.
- Students will get an opportunity to increase their academic knowledge in their particular field of interest.
- PhD scholars will have a chance to enhance their research skills at an international platform under the supervision of international faculty.
- A chance to study PhD in New Zealand for free.
- Students will get international networking opportunities.
- Exposure to New Zealand history and traditions.
Rhodes Scholarship in the UK 2024 | Fully funded | University of Oxford
Ready to start the application process for the fully funded master’s scholarship in the UK? Before starting, check the benefits and financial aid provided under this Rhodes Trust Scholarship 2024.
Benefits of the Rhodes Scholarship 2024:
- Rhodes scholarship will cover the application fee of Oxford University.
- It will also cover all the tuition expenses.
- Rhodes Scholarship recipients will also receive a stipend, of approximately £18,180 per annum (£1,515 per month) as per last year.
- In addition, the Rhodes scholarship will also cover a settling allowance.
- Students will receive two economy-class flights covering international travel to and from the UK.
- Student visa fee coverage.
- Scholars will get an International Health Surcharge (IHS).
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships 2024 | Study in Germany
Before you proceed with the application, check the financial benefits of fully funded Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung scholarships in Germany. Opportunities Circle has stated the benefits of German scholarships for international students 2024 below.
Benefits of the Rosa Luxemburg Scholarships:
- PhD scholars will receive a grant of 1350 EUR each month.
- A mobility allowance of 100 EUR.
- Necessary health care subsidies will also be given.
- Rosa Luxemburg Foundation will assist international students during their PhD programs.
- Opportunity to experience international research laboratories.
- It is an excellent chance to pursue PhD in Germany without spending a single euro.
- Explore Germany and European culture.
University of Otago PhD Scholarships 2024 | Study free in New Zealand
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand is a fully funded scholarship in New Zealand full of benefits. Opportunities Circle has listed the benefits below:
Benefits of the University of Otago PhD Scholarships 2024:
- Successful applicants will get a tuition fee waiver for 36 months.
- International students will receive an annual stipend of NZ$ 30,696.
- An opportunity to study abroad for free.
- Exposure to different cultures.
- An opportunity to conduct research at an international level in well-equipped laboratories.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2024 | Study in Canada | Vanier CSG
The Canadian government scholarship for international students is a fantastic opportunity with benefits. You must check the benefits of the Vanier Canada scholarships and apply right now. Opportunities circle has listed the benefits below:
Benefits of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships will grant $50,000 per annum for three years of the PhD program.
- The grant is almost enough to cover tuition fees and living expenses in Canada as a student.
- A chance to study at a top Canadian institute of the applicant’s choice.
- Scholarship recipients will get an opportunity to visit Canada for free with the Vanier Canada graduate scholarships.
Gates Cambridge PhD Scholarship in UK
Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a fully-funded PhD scholarship for international students to study in UK. This scholarship program is one of the top PhD scholarships in UK, covering tuition fees, living expenses and other allowances. The application deadline is usually in October. Students from all around the world can now pursue PhD with scholarship in the UK.
HEC PhD Scholarships for Pakistani Students
The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan offers numerous PhD scholarships for Pakistani students with outstanding research records and academic excellence who want to pursue a PhD abroad. The scholarship may cover tuition fees, a stipend and travel expenses.
Trudeau Foundation Scholarship
The Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship in Canada is an opportunity for international students who wish to pursue PhD in Canada. The scholarship offers many benefits and $40,000 as financial support to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses. The deadline varies depending on the program. You can visit their website by clicking on ‘get more details.’
Hopefully, this list of fully funded PhD scholarships for international students helped you find the right opportunity to fund your PhD abroad. Do not miss this opportunity to further your education and advance your career. These fully funded international scholarship programs offer a range of PhD scholarships. Whether you are currently a PhD student or starting your journey, numerous scholarship options are available to help support your studies abroad. No matter your specific needs, there are ample opportunities for fully funded PhD programs for international students. Just do thorough research before applying to the PhD scholarships to ensure the best match to your interests and qualifications. Good luck!