Are you a rising international chief? Apply now for the Atlas Corps Fellowship 2018. Atlas Corps is an abroad fellowship for the world’s finest social change leaders. Their mission is to deal with crucial social points by creating leaders, strengthening organizations, and selling innovation via an abroad fellowship of expert social sector professionals.
The Atlas Corps Fellowship 2018 in the USA usually lasts 12-18 months. (For those serving in the United States, the 2018-19 Fellowships begin in January, March, May, July, September and November) Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations, develop management expertise, and be taught finest practices via the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab skilled growth sequence and networking alternatives with different Fellows who’re proficient professionals from around the world.
This prestigious Atlas Corps Fellowship 2018 in the USA contains medical insurance, enrollment in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab, flight and visa prices, and a dwelling stipend to cowl primary bills (groceries, native transportation, and shared housing).
- Two or more years of related expertise;
- Bachelor’s diploma or equal;
- English proficiency (oral, writing, studying);
- Age 35 or young;
- Apply to serve in a rustic aside from the place you might be from
- Commitment to return to your home nation after the 12-18 month Fellowship;
- Commitment to dwelling on a primary stipend that solely covers meals shared housing, and native transportation.
They think about purposes of a rolling foundation. You are inspired to use as quickly as attainable to be thought-about for Host Organization placements, which start in January, March, May, July, September, or November The utility is a multi-step course of.
- Online Application – Part 1: You might want to create a login and it can save you your responses so you possibly can return to the utility at any time. In Part 1 of the utility (generally known as the “short form”), you present contact data and full the preliminary eligibility check, and for those who cross the eligibility check, you’ll full further background questions and one brief essay.NOTE: In order to sponsor candidates to return to the United States for one 12 months as a Fellow, we require detailed details about every applicant. Please reply every query truthfully and totally. If you might be discovered to be dishonest in the utility, you’ll NOT be accepted as a Fellow and you’ll be despatched residence when you have been accepted.
- Online Application – Part 2 (by invitation solely): Atlas Corps will evaluation Part 1 purposes and invite eligible candidates to finish Part 2 of the utility (generally known as the “long form”), which incorporates further questions on your expertise and pursuits and several other brief essay questions. You can even be required to submit contact data for a minimum of two references who know you in an expert capability and can write a letter of advice about your expertise and experiences in addition to your potential for achievement as an Atlas Corps Fellow. You might want to ship your requests for letter of advice immediately via the utility system. Your recommenders will obtain an email that asks for an advice. More detailed directions could be discovered in the online utility type.
- Atlas Corps Review Process (by invitation solely): Atlas Corps will evaluation Part 2 purposes and choose high candidates to interview through Skype with the Atlas Corps Selection Board, together with Atlas Corps workers and nonprofit sector, authorities, and enterprise leaders from a number of nations.
- Host Organization Review Process (by invitation solely): Candidates who cross the Atlas Corps interview stage shall be designated as Semi-Finalists, which implies they’re eligible to be reviewed by potential Host Organizations. Atlas Corps determines which of our Semi-Finalists could also be matched for particular positions at potential Host Organizations based mostly on their pursuits and skillset and the group’s wants, and forwards these purposes to the organizations.
- Host Organization Interview Process (by invitation solely): Host Organizations conduct Skype video interviews with chosen Semi-Finalists.
- Selection and Visa Process: Host Organizations will make their ultimate suggestions to Atlas Corps, and Atlas Corps will notify the chosen candidates. After being chosen, Fellows will go to the U.S. Embassy in their respective nations to use for a J-1 visa. Atlas Corps will present assist in acquiring this visa.
- Semi-Finalists who usually are not chosen by a Host Organization shall be notified and could also be given the choice to maintain their utility on file for consideration for the subsequent class of the Fellowship.
If you submit Part 1 of the application by December 19, 2017:
- January 31, 2018 – Approximate precedence deadline to submit Part 2 of the utility. Only eligible Part 1 candidates shall be invited to Part 2 of the utility, and the precise deadline shall be listed in your invitation. If you miss this deadline, you possibly can nonetheless submit Part 2 of the utility later and be thought-about throughout the subsequent evaluation interval.
- February-March, 2018: Atlas Corps opinions purposes and conducts Skype interviews. Atlas Corps will notify candidates whether or not they have superior to the Semi-Finalist stage and are eligible for placement with Host Organizations.
- Host Organization evaluation course: Semi-Finalists shall be thought-about for placements starting in May 2018 or later. Semi-Finalists who usually are not chosen by a Host Organization in that class shall be invited to maintain their utility on file for future lessons.
for the more detailed info, go to Atlas Corps Fellowship.
Deadline: December 19, 2017