Applications are open for the Art Omi: Dance Residency Program 2019. The Art Omi: Dance brings together ten accomplished dance artists from around the world for three weeks of creative exchange each summer. Taking place July 15 – August 5, 2019, residents experience each other’s creative process and the freedom to play in this collaborative residency program.
The emphasis of the Art Omi: Dance residency is not a performance product; rather, a gently facilitated process of experimentation and collaboration. This exploration is enhanced by providing resources that dancers and choreographers often lack: space, time and other artists with whom to work. The result is a model of creative process and community building that envisions consequences for the participants beyond the sphere of art making.
Informal public showings each summer invite the public to experience the creative process, collaboration and development of the residents.
Art Omi is a not-for-profit arts organization with residency programs for international artists, writers, translators, musicians, architects and dancers. Art Omi believes that exposure to internationally diverse creative voices fosters tolerance and respect, raises awareness, inspires innovation, and ignites change. By forming community with creative expression as its common denominator, Omi creates a sanctuary for the artistic community and the public to affirm the transformative quality of art.
Since its founding, Art Omi has been guided by the principle that artistic expression transcends economic, political, and cultural boundaries. To date, Omi has hosted more than 2,000 artists from over 100 countries. By inviting a unique and varied mix of artists, writers, musicians and dancers from all over the world to create a diverse, positive working community, Omi transforms this guiding vision into an exciting reality.
Art Omi has five distinct residency programs. Through a competitive jury process, residents are chosen, invited to attend at no cost to themselves, except travel. Abundant, catered meals and comfortable, beautiful lodgings are provided in a scenic location in Columbia County, New York. Art Omi is two hours north of New York City by train.
- Art Omi residency programs offer artists the vital opportunity of space and time to create.
- Lodging, meals and studio space on Art Omi’s beautiful 200-acre campus in the Hudson Valley are provided at no cost to the residents.
Here are some other Opportunities you can also apply:
- Fully Funded ScholarShip 2018 at University of Oxford
- Oxford International Scholarships 2019
- Undergraduate Graduate Scholarships, 2019 2020
- Lund University Fully Funded Scholarship Programme in Sweden 2018
- Climate Justice Resilience Fund
- Open to professional dancers and choreographers of all styles who have the desire to share ideas and process with dancers from around the world.
- Applicants should not have specific projects in mind, but should come open to working with others on jointly conceived projects.
To Apply Click on the Form: Application Form
For extra information visit: Official Website
For more Opportunities follow: OPPORTUNITIES CIRCLE