Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) Small Grants Program 2018 (Up to $4,000)
Apply for the Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) Small Grants Program 2018. The ACTS Small Grants Program is a funding opportunity that aims to support scholars and professionals in the Arab region in undertaking five kinds of activities: conference presentations, internships, pilot studies, dissemination events, and organizing workshops.
This competition is funded by grants provided to ACSS by the Ford Foundation and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). Small grants of $4,000 on average will be available to individual Arab researchers and activists residing in the Arab region, and whose work focuses on Arab societies. Grants are intended to provide support in a flexible and timely manner.
here are some other Opportunities you can apply
The aim of the program is to provide small amounts of funding ($4,000 on average) in a timely manner. The program funds five kinds of activities:
- Travel grants (conferences/workshops)
- Internship support(Social Sciences)
- Organizing workshops
- Pilot studies
- Dissemination events
- Applicants must be citizens of an Arab League member state or nationals of an Arab country (defined as long-term residents, even if they do not hold citizenship as in the case of refugees or stateless residents).
- Applicants must reside in the Arab region. This program does not fund applicants who reside, work, or study outside the region.
- Priority will be given to scholars and professionals who are marginalized, at risk, or dispossessed;
- Applicants must hold at least a Master’s degree in a core social science or a field allied to the themes of the Program. The core social science fields are anthropology, demography, economics, education, political science, psychology, and sociology. Allied disciplines include architecture, cultural studies, development studies, gender studies, geography, law, and urban planning/studies;
- Preference will be given to applicants under the age of 40.
A selection committee composed of Arab scholars and professionals in the region will look carefully at each proposal and evaluate it on its own merits. In addition to determining the relevance of the proposal to the theme(s) of the Program, the selection committee will use the following criteria to evaluate proposals:
- Travel grants: Academic/professional value of the conference, quality of paper/presentation
- Internships: Design of internship, quality of learning outcomes, the relationship between an internship and professional goals of the applicant
- Workshops: Rationale for holding the event including its relationship to ongoing research/activism projects, well thought out criteria for participants invited and audiences targeted, presentation methods and organization of discussions, clear aims and outcomes
- Pilot studies: Innovative approaches to research, contribution to knowledge, proposed outputs, the potential of the research to lead to larger research projects and new collaborations
- Dissemination events: Innovative dissemination strategy, the scope of audience, the involvement of external stakeholders
Application Social Sciences:
Applicants are required to submit both an online application and supporting documents depending on the type of funding requested. Application materials can be submitted in Arabic, French or English. Only completed applications will be examined by the Selection Committee.
you can also visit our website for more : OPPORTUNITIES CIRCLE