The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps program is open for functions. The African Union Youth Volunteers Corps (AU-YVC) is one among African Union’s initiatives for selling youth participation, capability constructing and empowerment by way of service and expertise change, pushed by the philosophy of Pan-Africanism and Youth Leadership.
AU-YVC(African Union Youth Volunteer Corps) promotes volunteerism to deepen the standing of younger folks in Africa as key actors in Africa’s growth targets and objectives, enhancing their participation in coverage growth in addition to design and implementation of related interventions in the direction of the AU Agenda2063 – ‘The Africa We Want’. It brings folks collectively to share expertise, information, creativity and studying to construct an extra built-in, affluent and peaceable Continent pushed by its residents.
African Union Youth
AU-YVC(African Union Youth Volunteer Corps) recruits and works with younger professionals age 18-35 from throughout the Continent and the Diaspora, to serve for an interval of 12 months of their respective fields of experience in the AU Member States aside from their very own. Priority areas of deployment of the AU-YVC embody training, youth entrepreneurship, agriculture, well being (entry to youth pleasant well-being providers), institutional capability constructing, youth mainstreaming, data and communication, submit battle reconstruction and peace constructing.
Your duties and tasks would primarily be to serve the group, group or establishment the place you’ll be deployed. This will probably be in relation along with your discipline of research or previous expertise. At current, the principal areas of focus for AU-YVC(African Union Youth Volunteer Corps) are Education; Health and HIV/ AIDS; Peace and Security; Information and Communications Technology; Business and Youth Entrepreneurship; Agriculture and Environment.
Here are some other Opportunities you can also Apply:
During your deployment, your general goal shall stay to deliver a long-lasting and sustainable influence and advantages to your host group/ group and promote the spirit of volunteerism and values of service.
This would require you to show management, self-discipline, and dedication all through your service and particularly throughout difficult and tough instances.
Your deployment will probably be a minimal of 12 months and nevertheless shall not exceed 24 months.
- AU-YVC would give you a residing allowance that might allow you cowl all of your bills throughout your deployment and give you a medical insurance coverage and an aircraft ticket to the nation of deployment and again residence. The month-to-month allowance might range drastically from nation to nation and inside a given nation itself. The tenet stays nevertheless, whereas volunteers usually are not anticipated to make any monetary beneficial properties, they shall on the identical time not incur any monetary losses
- Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
- Aged between 18 and 35 years;
- Have at the very least a submit-secondary training licensed coaching and, from the equal of a Bachelor’s diploma
- Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
- Willing to reside and work in one other AU Member State;
- Be proficient in at the very least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
- Have at the very least one yr verifiable expertise as a volunteer and or one yr work expertise
The Ideal Candidate
- Is change pushed and his ardor for Africa’s growth;
- Embraces Pan-Africanist beliefs of solidarity, peace, and unity in range;
- Self-motivated and has curiosity in volunteer work;
- Appreciates and respects different languages, cultures, non-secular and social norms;
- Has nice deal of management expertise and may information others;
- Remains productive below strain and in difficult environments;
- Has an excessive amount of social networking expertise;
Once a utility is acquired it might be accessed in opposition to our Evaluation Matrix primarily based on the next standards:
- Type of qualification acquired and grades acquired (Bachelors-, Masters Degree, Ph.D.);
- Number and Type of languages spoken (with main give attention to Arabic, English, French, Portuguese Swahili, and potential combos);
- Type of volunteer and work expertise: extra weight can be given to group outreach and dealing with others in groups;
- Comparative Advantage I: Why does one need to turn into an AU-YV
- Comparative Advantage II: What makes an applicant a very good candidate for placement?
- Comparative Advantage III: Previous Volunteer Experience (its significance to the emptiness)
- Each utility is scored primarily based on the necessities of the emptiness. This means the identical utility might rating completely different for various vacancies.
After receiving the analysis matrix and the CVs of candidates, requesting organizations are given time to pick out their most popular candidate.
How to Apply: Click here to apply.
You may go to our web site for extra Opportunities: OPPRTUNITIES CIRCLE